While The subscription box is a powerful eCommerce product. Customers fall in love with them, and businesses do too. Here are a few reasons why:
The business side of the win/win
- Subscription boxes provide businesses with reliable income, which allows them to plan further into the future. If you are planning to run a successful marketing contest in three months, for example, it is useful to know that you have X dollars in promised revenue to set off its costs.
- Subscription boxes can be assembled and shipped with little overhead, especially if you own a small business. With a website of superior design, where your customers can order and pay, and a small warehouse-like space, you are set up for a modest launch.
- You don’t have to invest in marketing that is focused on retaining your subscription box customers because the subscription box is doing that work for you. You can invest more heavily in product development as opposed to nurturing loyal customers.
The customer side of the win/win
- A customer just has to sign up for a subscription box. That’s it. In a world that gets unnecessarily complicated too often, there is a sublime sense of relief when you are offered something that you really want – and the effort required to get it is minimal.
- Surprise! Most of us love a surprise, and the fact that we know that we are getting a subscription box that has, say, scrumptious locally sourced baked goods in it, does not mean that we know about the white chocolate cookie infused with wild blackberries.
- Convenience. If you have young children and you can’t remember the last time you had an uninterrupted shower, you are likely interested in companies that offer you convenience – that do things for you. Imagine opening up a box of clothing in your sweet daughter’s current size every month. Who needs the mall?
While both businesses and customers benefit from the subscription box business model, it is important to note that customers do expect consistency, quality and a wow factor. (Yes, in every box.) Oh, and customers like it when their subscription box looks fabulous; it is all part of the atmosphere surrounding home delivery of desired goods.
eShipper stands ready to provide you with practical, low-cost shipping solutions for your subscription box business. Why not contact us today? Our hassle-free systems allows you to process your shipments using just one application, and your subscription boxes will arrive on your customer’s doorstep on time, and looking beautiful.